Wednesday, 15 January 2014

"Pictures of Lily" by Paige Toon | Review

SOURCE: 12 Days of iTunes
TYPE: eBook

TITLE: Pictures of Lily

AUTHOR: Paige Toon
SERIES: -
PAGES: 413

AVERAGE GOODREADS RATING: 3.99/5

MY RATING: 4/5

BLURB:
"Will you marry me?"
I think of you, then. I think of you every day. But usually in the quietest part of the morning, or the darkest part of the night. Not when my boyfriend of two years has just proposed. 
I look up at Richard with his hopeful eyes. 
"Lily?" he prompts.
It's been ten years, but it feels like only yesterday that you left.
How can I say yes to Richard with all my heart when most of it has always belonged to you? I take a deep breath and will myself to speak...

Ten years ago when Lily was just sixteen, she fell in love with someone she really shouldn't have fallen in love with. Now, living in Sydney and engaged to another man, she can't forget the one that got away. Then her past comes back to haunt her, and she has to make a decision that will break her heart - and the heart of at least one of the men who love her. 

WHY I LIKE IT: 
I got the e-book version of this as part of iTunes 12 days, so read the whole thing on my phone. 
I'd finished it within days of starting it and absolutely loved it. It was so nice to be able to read a book that I chose to read for a change. 
I fell in love with the characters throughout the story, in a similar way to how the protagonist does. The plot line is beautiful and exceptionally gripping. 

WHY I DON'T LIKE IT:
There were a few moments while I was reading this when I wondered who the target audience really is. It's very much a young adult book but at times the writing was so simple that it felt as though it was aimed at someone a lot younger.

OVERALL:
A beautifully crafted little story about a girl who falls in love. It's not particularly complicated or difficult to understand so it's easy to pick up and put down when you have time. The characters are great and the plot is great, and it moves at the perfect pace. I'd give this book an 4/5.


No comments:

Post a Comment