Friday, 23 May 2014

"The Husband's Secret" by Liane Moriarty | Review

SOURCE: Bought
TYPE: Paperback

TITLE: The Husband's Secret

AUTHOR: Liane Moriarty
SERIES: -
PAGES: 416

AVERAGE GOODREADS RATING: 3.89/5

MY RATING: 3/5


BLURB:
Mother of three and wife of John-Paul, Cecelia discovers an old envelope in the attic. Written in her husband's hand, it says: to be opened only in the event of my death.

Curious, she opens it - and time stops.

John-Paul's letter confesses to a terrible mistake which, if revealed, would wreck their family as well as the lives of others.

Cecelia wants to do the right thing, but right for who? If she protects her family by staying silent, the truth will worm through her heart. But if she reveals her husband's secret, she will hurt those she loves most...

WHAT I LIKE:
The story was exceptionally well put together. The plots and subplots intertwined really well making a very interesting little read. There were also lots of bits of information revealed throughout the entire book which were quite shocking and made the book very gripping and kept you involved. Furthermore, it has a really strong, thought-provoking ending. I actually really liked the ending as a whole as lots of the questions I had were tied up well. 

WHAT I DON'T LIKE:
This book was so far from what I imagined it would be considering what the blurb says. I guess that's not really a criticism of the novel but rather of the blurb which I found to be a little misleading. 
I didn't feel any really great connection with any of the characters, particularly as there seemed to be an abundance of new people introduced which completely threw me. I kept getting confused over who was who and what relation they were to everyone else. 

OVERALL: 

I gave this book 3/5 stars as I really did enjoy the ending and felt that it had a very well thought out conclusion which I really liked. 


No comments:

Post a Comment