Sunday, 29 June 2014

Last Week... | 22.06.2014 - 28.06.2014

  • Sunday was spent doing lots of homework, including writing a little poem in response to Marvell's "To His Coy Mistress" if any of you have ever heard of it? It was a pretty dull day in comparison to the previous days of the week before but it was nice to have some time to chill out and think. I also got round to posting quite a lot of my photography work/edits from the shoot I did in Canterbury on Saturday onto my photography Facebook page.
  • On Monday, I woke up bright and early and went back to school. It was pretty nice to be back there if I'm honest, as I like to spend time with friends. In the morning, I had a double photography lesson with the lovely Amy, in which I ended up doing lots of editing and lots of writing up. I always find my photography lessons go pretty quickly though, and this particular one was no exception. In my double English lesson, we began analysing the poem "Wind". I can't say I'm particularly keen on the poem, but it's not terrible I suppose. I spent my afternoon in a double philosophy lesson in which we discussed the secularisation of society.
  • Tuesday was a pretty good day. I spent a majority of the first part of my morning in a UCAS meeting with the head of sixth form. She was basically explaining the process of UCAS with my entire year, and although it was very informative, it was highly irrelevant to me because I don't really like the idea of going to university. It did mean, however, that I got to spend a couple of hours with Sam and Jack, two good friends of mine. My double media lesson was pretty lonely as Amy was not in school (she did find time to start a blog though! You can find that HERE). I did get the chance to hang out with Tom, Lottie and Katie though which was fabulous. In the afternoon, I had a single photography lesson and then came home to see my sister. I spent the afternoon trying to get through "Allegiant" and was full of determination to finish it... that didn't happen.
  • On Wednesday, I had a super weird English lesson, in which my English teacher made us do a weird interprative dance to the poem "Wind". It was absolutely hilarious (if a little humiliating) and I thoroughly enjoyed the lesson as a whole. My double media lesson was spent sitting with Amy, writing our research essays into postmodernism in "Argo". When I left school, I headed down to Sainsbury's with my friend Sam and bought a salad and some blueberries for my lunch. At about 4, I headed out for a driving lesson with my fabulous driving instructor and did a mock practical test. I didn't do particularly well, but it's definitely a learning curve, and the things I did were generally just silly mistakes. In the evening, I got tagged in a post on Facebook, and a teacher at my school said I couldn't go on the trip to the London galleries because I hadn't actually paid, even though my mum had filled out the forms and entered all her card details into the school's online payment service. It turned out that I was not able to go on the trip because the payment hadn't gone through, which was pretty disappointing. 
  • Thursday was a very dull day, I had a double photography lesson in the morning, and started writing up the "plans" for my first shoot (even though I completed the shoot last weekend). After a single free, I had a religious literature lesson in which I started learning about 2nd Isaiah, and then wandered into town at lunch with Amy and Sam. In the afternoon, I had another double media lesson where we began looking at exemplar essays. When I got home from school, I put a lot of consideration into whether I should change my blog or not. As I said in the first post on this new blog, the last URL was uninspiring to me and I didn't like the way it looked or the way it had become something of a chore to me. It was just wrong. Now I'm a lot happier, I feel like I've made a massive fresh start with the blogging thing and I'm super excited to properly get into this new blog. I'm going to put more into my posts and make this blog somewhere I'm actually proud of. 
  • My Friday was a very average day. I went to a double RE lesson, in which we were discussing how to write an RE exam essay (and ended up having a bit of a moan about Michael Gove). In my double free, I went to do some book counting with Ollie, and then sat in the common room watching TV and playing on my phone. In the afternoon, I had double English and I borrowed "Lord of the Flies" from my English teacher which I'm going to be reading over the next few days. I spent my evening sorting out my blog design (you might have noticed?) and eating blueberries... happy days!
  • Saturday was a good day, although I had a little headache throughout it. My grandparents came over in the morning and ate lunch with me and my parents. We had a really nice salad and a pretty good catch up. I spent my afternoon reading, watching TV and doing homework. 

  • Ed Sheeran's new album "Multiply"


  • "Allegiant" by Veronica Roth (I'VE FINALLY FINISHED)
  • Currently reading: "Lord of the Flies" by William Golding


2 comments:

  1. I remember writing a reply to To His Coy Mistress! It could basically be condensed into 'f off, mate' and the last lines were "And so, dear man, when we next meet / I'll punch you right off of your feet" ;P

    ~Becca // rjtmisti.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow :') you definitely went for a strong reply, haha! mine basically went "i've got a better offer, do one." tehehe :') xx

      Delete