Tuesday, 22 July 2014

A VERY EXCITING PROJECT

A couple of weeks ago, my friend Ali asked if I'd like to get involved with filming and editing a couple of spoken word poems for him for a YouTube channel. I listened to a couple of his works and ideas, and was actually really excited and pleased to be involved in the project. My dear friend Amy, who you've all heard about is also getting involved, although she's on holiday at the moment so she's had to converse with us over Facebook chat about ideas.

Yesterday, we managed to get an entire poem done. It took about 11 hours in total, but I'm pretty happy with the result for a first attempt. 

The poem is called Noose or News and has a very powerful message that really makes you think. 
Ali is an incredible poet and the two of us (and Amy when she returns from France) shall be getting on with the filming, editing and creating of a few more of Ali's poems - watch this space. 

For now, I give you Noose or News:

Ali's links: YouTube | Twitter
Amy's links: Blog | Facebook | Twitter


1 comment: