Sunday, 6 July 2014

Last Week... | 29.06.2014 - 05.07.2014


  •  Sunday seems so far away now I don't really remember what happened. Probably nothing all that interesting. I do know, however, that my sister's boyfriend managed to get us tickets to Barclaycard British Summer Time Festival at Hyde Park in London. (We're going today! This is a scheduled post!)
  • On Monday, I went to school and had a full day of lessons. In the morning, I had a double photography lesson with the lovely Amy. We managed to get on with writing up a bit of our first shoots as well as doing a little presentation. Incidentally, I left my english homework and memory stick at home so my sister drove them into school for me which was exceptionally fortunate. In my double english lesson, I studied a bit more poetry. My lunchtime really lifted the day for me, I spent it with Amy, Ali, Helen, Peter and Nathan and we basically had a really good, chilled out time. It was absolutely hilarious and made me realise how lucky I am to have such wonderful people around me. In the afternoon, I had double RE and we learnt a little more about secularisation, before being set an essay. 
  • Tuesday was a super positive day for me too! I had a double supp study session which was actually super productive, and then went outside to play rounders. In my double media lesson, we looked at an exemplar research essay and then got on with doing a bit more of the writing. Again, I had a superb lunchtime with Ali and Amy, and then spontaneously decided to do a photoshoot in my photography lesson in the afternoon, with Amy and Ali. We had a really good time taking photos and once again I was reminded of how lucky I am to be surrounded by people who I get on so well with. When I got home, I found out that my sister had passed her degree with a first! Very proud. 
  • Focus days at our school come around approximately once every term. Wednesday was a focus day and we were having talks on universities and kind of what happens after we leave school. It stressed me out a little to think that this time next year I'll be out of school and going into the big wide world, and it also made me more aware of the amount of decisions I'm going to have to make in the next year. At lunchtime, I went out for a driving lesson with my fabulous instructor, Andrew. A left reverse, a spin around the local area and a lot of banter later, and I returned home for an afternoon hanging out with Kat and two of her friends, Imogen and Rosie. We ended up eating a lot of fruit and playing a couple of games. In the evening, I headed over to Dobbies with mum and bought myself three new candles and a gerbera which I absolutely adore. 
  • My Thursday was one of the best days (although all of them were pretty good). I had double photography in the morning and started writing a timeline of big events that occured in the past thirty or so years to do with different photographers. I had an absolutely amazing double free with Nathan, Daisy, Hannah, Millie and Helen, and we headed off into town. The sun was so lovely and it was super warm out so (for the first time this year) I actually applied some suncream! In the afternoon, I had double media with Amy and kind of got really hyper and couldn't stop laughing. Nonetheless, I did manage to get an entire essay completed so I was clearly on productive form. 
  • On Friday I had double RE in the morning, and my RE teacher gave me a copy of the film "Bride and Prejudice" which I'm going to be watching at some stage in the next few days. I spent my next double lesson in a free, and myself, Helen and Nathan headed into town to buy a spot of lunch. After lunch, I had double english and spent the lesson watching people's presentations on a variety of very interesting sounding books. They're all going on my "to read" list. I spent the evening just chilling. I managed to get a lot of reading done as well as just relaxing and chatting with my sister. 
  • Saturday was an extremely good day. In the morning, I headed over to Sainsbury's with my parents to get the weekly food shop. I made myself a really yummy salad for lunch and then popped into town with mum to get some new clothes for today's trip to Hyde Park. Town was super busy but we managed to get everything we needed so I was an exceptionally happy bunny.


  • Two new crop tops
  • A pair of denim shorts
  • A denim rucksack
  • A floral headband 
  • Two new nail varnishes
  • Some curling tongs






  • "Lord of the Flies" by William Golding


No comments:

Post a Comment