Monday, 28 July 2014

The Reading Tag


The lovely Amy from That Hypermobile Girl recently tagged me in "The Reading Tag", and today I thought I might answer the questions. 

001. Do you have a certain place at home for reading? 
Not really, no. I like to read in my room because it's super relaxing and just a generally quiet environment for me. That said, I don't mind reading anywhere. 

002. Bookmarks or random pieces of paper?
I use bookmarks. One of my bookmarks may be considered a 'random' pieces of paper because it's one of those card things that you get a gift card stuck to, but it serves as a perfect bookmark in my opinion!

003. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or certain number of pages?
I really do prefer to finish a chapter before stopping, but given that it's not always convenient, I've become more used to just stopping halfway through a chapter/page.

004. Book you're currently reading?
I'm reading Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan at the moment and I'm absolutely loving it so far!

005. Do you watch TV or listen to music while reading?
Not usually. Ideally I'd like to have perfect silence but that's not always possible.

006. One book at a time or several at once?
I only read one book at a time. There's been occasions that I've thought about starting a new book halfway through another but ultimately I've never actually done it.

007. Reading at home or everywhere?
I don't really get the opportunity to read anywhere other than at home. 

008. Favourite book?
This is a pretty difficult question because there's so many I love. I particularly love The Fault in Our Stars by John Green because it really touched me. I also love Divergent by Veronica Roth and The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini!

009. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I really love to keep a book looking as pristine as possible, but as soon as it gets a little battered, I really don't care. 

010. Do you write in your books?
Nope. I hate writing in books. I've had to do it in English Literature classes over the past couple of years, but ultimately I'd much prefer not to.

011. Do you eat or drink while reading?
I like to have a cuppa and a biscuit.

012. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
I actually prefer to read out loud because it forces me not to skim read, but most of the time I have to read silently because I feel a bit awkward reading out loud. 

013. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
I rarely do this. I have skipped ahead in the past but I realised that by doing that, you sometimes miss important information, so I don't do that any more.

And that is the tag! Thank you very much for reading, and if you'd like to give it a go then I TAG YOU! Go ahead and do it now and link the post below so that I can read them all!


No comments:

Post a Comment