Friday, 11 July 2014

The Sunshine Award


I was very excited to be nominated by the lovely Paige from The Joys of Being Paige to get involved with the Sunshine Award, so thank you very much Paige for nominating little old me! Go and check her blog out if you get a spare moment. 

Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions the person who nominated you asked.
- Nominate a few other bloggers.
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
- Notify the bloggers you nominated on their blog.
- Put the award button on your blog

My answers to Paige's questions:
What has made you happy today?
Lots of things if I'm honest. Even though the sun was not shining today, I've felt super positive for pretty much the entire day. A few highlights include having a nice chat with some of my favourite people including Amy, Ollie and Carmel in RE; playing Cards Against Humanity in my double free; having a super fun driving lesson in which I managed to only gain 6 minor faults in a mock practical test; hanging out with my parents and my sister playing board games; and talking to the beautiful Amy this evening, who has made me very happy by agreeing to help me out on Monday. 

What is your special skill, a party trick perhaps?
I don't think I really have one. I've got pretty normal skills, nothing that stands out to be honest.

Do you have any blogging regrets?
Perhaps the fact that I chose the wrong blog URL in the first place. I used to be Tutus and Ballet Shoes but have recently changed URL to My Senses Come To Life because I felt it represented my blog better than the previous URL. I decided to completely start a new, fresh blog so that I could make sure the posts were everything I want them to be and that will hopefully ultimately make me more inspired and more excited about blogging. I'd definitely say to anyone who ever wants to start a blog, make sure you choose a good URL!

Where do you see yourself in 1 year?
This time next year, I will have just finished Year 13 (scary!) and will be looking at going into the big wide world. I'd love to think I'll be getting involved in something new and exciting, probably in media or photography, but who knows?
A lot of my closest friends will probably be moving away to uni in about a years time which is really upsetting, but I'd like to think they'll be getting on with something extremely exciting and that they'll all be happy. 

What is the meaning behind your blog name?
My blog name My Senses Come To Life comes from the lyrics of Ed Sheeran's One from his album Multiply. The song was really striking to me when I first heard it, and I felt that it reflected my blog a little better than the previous blog name I had but I'm extremely happy with this new one. My blog is primarily a lifestyle blog, and I like the freedom of being able to post whatever I like, whenever I like. 

Name 5 makeup essentials?
I'll go for the things that I use pretty much on a daily basis:
- Cherry Carmex (hate dry lips)
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent
- Maybelline The Rocket Mascara

What makes your sun shine?
Quite a lot of things. Mainly just the people around me who have a super positive influence on me and my life. I've got a handful of super reliable friends who I love dearly. Other than that, it's blogging and feeling free to express myself. And the fact that I wake up pretty much everyday with 100000 reasons why life is worth living.

How did you feel when you woke up this morning?
Really tired, but really positive.

If you were a celebrity for a day, who would you be?
I don't think I'd really want to be a celebrity. I'd much rather just be me. 

Favourite Fruit?
Tricky question. I'm really into fruit at the moment. My favourite fruits are definitely strawberries, raspberries and grapes. I'm also pretty partial to a good slice of watermelon or a bit of mango.

Favourite Vegetable?
I absolutely adore garden peas, and I also really like cabbage. 

The people I'm nominating:

My questions for the people that I'm nominating: 
Who is the biggest inspiration in your life?
Where is your favourite place to go shopping?
What are your summer plans?
Have you ever been in love?
What makes you keep blogging?
What is your favourite thing about yourself?
If you could invite one person on a dinner date (dead or alive) who would it be?
What is your favourite TV show?
What is one of your happiest memories?
If you were stranded on a desert island, what five things would you take with you?
Have you ever read a life-changing book? 


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me in this! I'm pretty impressed that you'd rather be yourself over any celebrity ^^

    You must have a healthy diet, liking all those fruits and vegetables :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!

      I try to be as healthy as possible, some days I'm more successful than others!

      Delete