Monday, 11 August 2014

Chocolate Brownie Cakes


On Saturday, I headed to Sainsbury's and picked up five new cookery books. I thought I'd throw myself straight into the swing of things by having a go at cooking some little cupcakes, and found this recipe. I was so pleased with the results, I couldn't resist sharing it with you all!

Chocolate Brownie Cakes - makes about 24

Ingredients:
100g milk chocolate
100g pecan nuts
200g plain chocolate
150g lightly salted butter
3 eggs
200g light muscovado sugar
125g self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Method:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190°C
2. Line two 12-section bun trays with paper cake cases
3. Chop the milk chocolate and pecan nuts into small pieces
4. Melt the plain chocolate with the butter, stirring frequently until smooth
5. Beat the sugar and eggs together in a bowl
6. Stir in the melted chocolate and butter
7. Sift in the flour and baking powder and stir gently
8. Stir in the milk chocolate chunks and nuts
9. Divide the mixture between the paper cases
10. Bake in a preheated oven for 12 minutes (or until a crust has formed on top of the cakes)
11. Remove from oven and leave to cool for at least ten minutes in the tins
12. Enjoy!

Once I'd chopped up the pecans, this recipe took a relatively short amount of time, and the final products were incredible! They taste brilliant and are perfect for chocolate brownie lovers! I was super happy with the results and I'm sure you will be to!

If you try this recipe then let me know in the comments below or tweet/instagram me a picture because I'd love to see how all of yours turn out! 

I'm going to be making a lot more baked goods over the coming weeks/months so will share them all with you from this point onwards, and let you know my honest opinion on the results. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow those look delicious! This is definitely a recipe I have to try sometime. I absolutely cannot wait, and the picture looks top notch. You've done a good job ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! They were superb! Definitely give them a try :) xx

      Delete