Friday, 8 August 2014

Motivating myself...

If you followed my old blog, you'll have seen a few bits of my photography work from the past year. 

Photography is something I really enjoy. I own a Canon 1000D and currently have two lenses for it (although there's always time to get more!). It's my baby and I love it dearly. 


Recently, I've been seriously struggling to motivate myself to take photographs, and so I've decided to set myself a little challenge, which will hopefully be quite inspirational, and will also force me to look at different things in different ways. I'm really excited to get started with it, and I wanted to share with you guys what it is that I'm actually going to do.


A couple of weeks ago I bought this book from a local stationery store: 


It's A4 size and has black paper inside it. It's the perfect little book for me to store some photographs.

While I was shopping with my parents yesterday, my dad and I were discussing different photographs while looking at the 'Photography' section in a Waterstones store, and I found a book that was full of a large variety of different words and phrases of things that you can take photographs of - an ideas pad as it were. 


This got me thinking. I had no specified use for the black book that I bought, so why not make my own little portfolio of images responding to a short phrase or word. I looked online for some ideas as to what I could put in there, and came up with some of my own, and overall I'm pretty pleased with the result. 


I don't know how successful this project is going to be, but I feel like it will definitely help me to hopefully be a bit more creative with what I'm taking photographs of, and I'll share the finished product at some stage although it will probably take me a significant length of time to complete, maybe I'll do like a monthly update or something? We shall see! 


4 comments:

  1. Miss would be all over this! It links to your word thing so she'd be all up for this being included in your coursework! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, shall see how it goes before i tell her about it, just in case i completely fail ;) <3

      Delete
  2. I hope this does help improve your motivation! It's a brilliant idea and I can't wait to see all your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I shall update on how it's going! xx

      Delete