Saturday, 30 August 2014

September Reading List

In my previous reading list, I named 8 books that I wanted to read which was very optimistic of me. I figured that seeing as I didn't have any school, I'd have a lot more time and be able to get a lot of reading done. That's not quite how the month turned out!

I did manage to get through a fair few books though, including "Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone" by J.K Rowling (5 stars), "The Sense of an Ending" by Julian Barnes (2 stars), "Dancing in the Dark" by P.R. Prendergast (3 stars), "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" by J.K. Rowling (5 stars) and"Paper Towns" by John Green (4 stars) and I'm currently reading "When You Were Older" by Catherine Ryan Hyde.


This month, I'm going to compile another long list of books that I may or may not read, we shall see. Here are the six books that I want to read, it might be an unrealistic figure seeing as I'm returning to school and have a busy month ahead outside of school, but I reckon I'll be able to get a few of them read!


"This Lullaby" by Sarah Dessen

I mentioned this little gem in my August Reading List, and (other than Harry Potter) it's the only book that I've carried over from my previous list that I didn't read. This is how I described the book last time:
I started reading this book several years ago, and may have actually got through it but I genuinely can't remember what actually happened so I thought I'd give it another go. 
The cover's beautiful and as far as the blurb says, the story is destined to be too. It's a young adult romance, and it follows Rey, whose father has sadly died and whose mother has got through several failed marriages. Naturally, she believes that this is what her life will be like until she meets Dexter. 
With an average rating of 4.06, I'm super excited to read this!



"Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" and "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" by J.K. Rowling
I'm carrying over a couple more books from Harry Potter series because I'm really getting into them and love them a lot! You've probably all read them by now, and if not then you will have seen the films. It's such a massive deal to a lot of people and I'm finally starting to understand why. 
Rowling's writing is fabulous and I'm desperate to read the next instalment every time I finish a book. Needless to say, I'll be digging into these as much as possible! 
Unfortunately, I don't own an e-reader, so I shall have to lug a couple of massive books to and fro between Ashford and London (if I end up heading that way). Nonetheless, I'm sure it'll be worth it!

"We Were Liars" by E.Lockhart
I've seen this book around a lot recently, and then found a copy that I downloaded onto my phone. It's definitely not going to be the most conventional reading experience but I'm sure the book will be fabulous, even though I'm not particularly familiar with the story or what happens in it. 
The Goodreads description implies that it might be a little bit of a romance novel which is nice, and it gets a decent average star rating of 3.92 so I'm excited to see how I rate the book in comparison to that!


"Rivers of London" by Ben Aaronovitch
I bought this book for my sister for her 21st birthday and she recently read it and really enjoyed it (which I'm super happy about!) You can read her review of the book HERE. Given the four star rating she gave it, I'm really intrigued to read it and find out what warranted such a positive review. I'm also pretty chuffed that I managed to buy her a present that she really enjoyed.





"Landline" by Rainbow Rowell
A few weeks ago, I went shopping to find a little birthday present for Amy (That Hypermobile Girl) and stumbled into a local Waterstone store. I knew exactly what kind of book I wanted to buy for her, and, because I'd heard such positive reviews of Rainbow Rowell's books, I decided to pick Amy up a copy of Eleanor & Park. I also decided to get myself a nice copy of Rowell's newest novel, Landline which I was really looking forward to reading. Then I gave Amy her present and she was so thrilled with the book and really enjoyed it which has made me want to read a Rowell book even more! It looks like September may well be the month that I finally get to do that!



2 comments:

  1. Don't forget the book you got me for my birthday that I'm lending you! Eleanor & Park ♥

    ReplyDelete