Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Happy Birthday Dad

"It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and that I was the most precious thing in his life." - Dawn French

Today is my old man's birthday, so I thought I'd write a little appreciation post for him.

I've known my dad for 17 years, 9 months and 30 days.
That's a pretty long time to know someone.

In the 17 years, 9 months and 30 days I've been alive, I've had the joys of seeing dad at least 98% of those days. Maybe more than that, but there's been times I've been on holiday/to my grandparents without him, so I've lost a few days here and there.

He's ace. I've got a couple of good friends that absolutely adore him because he's genuinely a nice guy. I'm not just being biased, he actually is.

He can be pretty awkward at times, he gets on my nerves quite a lot and we don't necessarily always see eye to eye on things. But he's always there for me when I need him (and he's exceptionally good at DIY) and I don't know what I'd do without him.

Happy Birthday Dad.

I love you lots.


No comments:

Post a Comment