Thursday, 18 September 2014

Life of a Blogger | Languages


This week's Life of a Blogger post is all about languages.

My first and most fluent language is clearly English. I've always been pretty good at the whole English thing. At school, my reading's always been brilliant and my writing skills are pretty good (much improved since I started this blog).
Ultimately, English is a pretty ugly language which doesn't really make much sense in terms of pronunciation and grammar. Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure I've come to grips with it.

The only other language I could speak if I wanted to would be German. I learnt German from year 7 until the end of year 11 and actually really loved it. My teacher was great and the lessons were pretty good. I can't remember much of it if I'm honest, but I ended my GCSE with a B grade which I was happy with!

I don't know any other languages. I can say the odd words in French, Spanish and Italian, but truly I'm an English speaker.


1 comment: