Monday, 29 September 2014

Wave After Wave


Last year I headed to Dymchurch with Peter to go camping. It was a fabulous trip (although it was cut short by a storm) but it was definitely worth the uncomfortable night's sleep. I'm not suggesting that I'd go camping again, but I couldn't think of a better person to have a bad time with.

When the weather was good, we headed out for a stroll along the coast and I managed to snap this little beauty. I love the different textures that are present in this photograph. The jagged shapes in the foreground contrast nicely with the smooth waves. It's a very blue picture but it captures, to me, the essence of a fabulous night of eating burnt burgers and overheating in a very stuffy tent while trying to protect ourselves from bugs.

This photograph is an entry for the Depths of Perception competition. To view the competition page click here!


2 comments:

  1. Wow what a stunning picture. I cant imagine I would ever try camping.
    xxx
    www.labeau.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I couldn't imaging myself camping before this either if I'm honest - don't intend on doing it again in a hurry, haha xxx

      Delete