Thursday, 16 October 2014

Life of a Blogger | Favourite Toys


When I was younger, I absolutely loved toys. I could go to anywhere and convince myself that the stuffed animal on the shelf was exactly what I needed in my life. I'm sure lots of infants do this a lot of the time.
I used to see lots of my friends at primary school with the latest toys. They'd have got them for Christmas/birthdays and often only played with them for a couple of weeks before getting bored and moving on to the next 'big thing'. That's one of the key things about being a small child... you get bored very easily.

Throughout my childhood, however, I did have a lot of toys (and a lot of fun playing with them) and today I've been asked to share some of my favourites with you.

My absolute favourite stuffed animal was a Piglet (from Winnie the Pooh) that mum bought me when I was really tiny. He travelled everywhere with me and was the one that I couldn't sleep at night without. He was great! I still have him in my room somewhere. I'll have to track him down one day and share him with you all.
On my 8th/9th birthday I was bought a rather large Old English Sheepdog toy (it was bigger than me at the time) by my aunty. I named him Charlie, although I don't know why now, and he quickly became a firm favourite of mine. Again, he's still around somewhere, looking scruffy and a bit 'past it'. I can't bear to throw him away.
I remember being strongly into Polly Pocket at one stage, although my love for it didn't last very long because I used to get irritated with the fact that I couldn't change their clothes due to my lack of strength. What a hard life I had.

They're the three things that really stand out to me, although I had many more with lots of different stories and memories surrounding them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment