Wednesday, 26 November 2014

An Appreciation Post


If you read this blog regularly, then you'll know that yesterday was my birthday. It was an absolutely fantastic day that I thoroughly enjoyed, even though there were times when I got super stressed out about school work. Overall, the general vibe of the day was incredible and it went super well. Needless to say, I was exceptionally happy.

Today I wanted to write a short appreciation post, dedicated to those that made my birthday something that I'll remember for a really long time.

I woke up early and spent the morning opening presents from family and friends. I was exceptionally lucky to receive as much as I did, and I'm super grateful to all the people that put thought, time, money and effort into what they got me. I was amazed at how well people know me, and was super excited to see some of the things I've had my eye on for ages.

Of course, birthdays aren't all about material goods. I received some of the most beautiful messages from people in cards, by text and on Facebook, as well as in person, and I was just generally spoilt throughout the entirety of the day. I even gained a surprise birthday cake and a round of the ever so fabulous song "Happy Birthday" in the common room, courtesy of Sam. I'm a very lucky girl.

My beautiful best friend, Amy, made me this fantastic little photo collage which she stayed up late to post on my Facebook wall at 12AM.

I also got some lovely messages from fellow bloggers, who I'm starting to see as friends more than just acquaintances. I'm super appreciative to each one of you for taking time out of your day to wish me a happy birthday, you're the best.

Ultimately, my day was special, and wouldn't have been anywhere near as good without those who tried their best to make it even slightly better.
Thank you.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day lovely! Welcome to the world of adults!!
    Tania xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like your 18th birthday is a day to be well and truly spoiled and it sounds like you were! Glad you had such a lovely day! :) x

    ReplyDelete