Saturday, 29 November 2014

Christmas Shopping

Massive apologies for the late post! As the title suggests, I've been out Christmas shopping this morning and didn't have time to update you.
This is my second to last day of posting every day and on the whole I think it's gone pretty well. Thank you to all the new followers and welcome to my blog. Also, thank you to all the old followers that continue to support me, you're amazing.

Today I decided, as I was wondering through town, that I wanted to write a little post for tips when you go out Christmas shopping (if you've not done so already):

Make a list 
It's super important to know who you need to buy for, and what sort of thing to get them. I adore browsing and shopping, but generally as we get closer to Christmas, shopping centres become more chaotic. I hate the crowds and the panic, and therefore it's nice for me to have a list of people that I am aiming to buy for. I try to stick quite closely to my list, and it stops me from forgetting anyone which is always helpful!

Think about how much you can actually spend
Realistically, I know that I don't have enough money to buy the people I love everything they deserve, therefore it's important to give yourself a budget. If you can't afford it, don't buy it.

Try and find out what people really want
The worst thing is to receive a gift that you know you're never going to use. It's happened to me plenty of times and it makes me feel terrible. I hate the thought of people wasting money on something that I don't need. Think about what it is you're buying people and whether it's something they're actually going to want. The easiest way to find out the sort of thing they might want is to just ask them, if not then have a very educated guess. If you have no idea, the chances are you don't know them that well and therefore you might question whether you even need to buy them a present... just a thought.

Go early in the day
Shopping centres get busier as the days go on, so try and drag yourself out of bed nice and early so that you avoid the bulk of the crowds.

When shopping, try and get light items first
If you're buying lots of items of varying sizes, thing about buying the easiest to carry and lightest items first, otherwise you're struggling around the shops with a pile of heavy and awkward items, meaning you're likely to get fed up with the whole shopping trip pretty quickly.


Let me know in the comments below if you've got any more tips for Christmas shopping trips! 


1 comment:

  1. Heya, just to let you know that I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! http://meguana.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/the-liebster-award.html :)
    Megan x meguana.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete