Tuesday, 11 November 2014

My Favourite Lip Products for Autumn/Winter

Today I wanted to share with you some of my go-to lip products for Autumn and Winter. I'm a massive fan of all things lip. Whether it's a moisturising balm or a highly-pigmented lip colour, I just love experimenting and trying out different products!

Over the Autumn/Winter period, I like to try darker shades rather than the usual bright ones, or colours that are particularly autumnal. I'm also really into lip balm in order to try and combat dry lips on cold, blustery days. Many of the five products I've chosen can be seen in my Autumn/Winter Look Book which I shall leave a little box for at the end of the post so you can view it if you wish.


 The first product that I wanted to mention was a beautiful moisturising dark pink shade. Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush Balm in the shade Viva Violet is so beautiful for the Autumn months. It's quite bold so definitely a good one if you want to make a bit of an impact, and is pretty moisturising too, so it's great for dry or chapped lips. Ultimately, a fantastic product and may I just add that I actually really like the scent of this?

 This fantastic little product by Revlon is a Lip Butter to die for. It's a very orange shade called Tutti Frutti which looks lovely on the lips. It's not a dark shade, it's actually quite light but the orange tone makes it perfect for Autumn. Furthermore, the colour is easy to wear and the product sits well on the lip because it's so moisturising. From my experience, lip butters are great for having a good balance between pigment and moisture and this is definitely an exciting product worth giving a go!

 This is a Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm called Peach Kiss. It's actually really lovely, tastes good and smells amazing. It's very moisturising and very sheer so perfect if you want to look particularly natural on any given day. These come in a few different scents as far as I know so if peach isn't for you then there probably is something that you'd prefer.

 This Collection Exclusive by Frieda is part of the L'Oreal Colour Riche collection, and is absolutely gorgeous for this Autumn/Winter. It's a very dark shade in the tube so does look a little intimidating, but once you place it on the lip it's actually a lot more subtle than it seems. It's quite a nude shade in terms of it's lack of colour pigment, so gives a 'my lips but better' kind of vibe which is something I'd not done much before this. It's an absolute favourite of mine for trying to be subtle, and worth a shot if you want something less jazzy and more sophisticated.

 This final little beauty is by Kate Moss for Rimmel. It's in the shade 08 and is a beautiful red colour that is subtle but fabulous all the same. It adds a very sophisticated edge to a look, and works perfectly on Autumn/Winter nights out, although I've also worn it lots during the daytime when paired with the right sort of outfit.



No comments:

Post a Comment