Friday, 21 November 2014

Special book quotes



I'm a massive book fan (as some of you might know) so I thought that I might share some of my favourite bookish quotations with you, from the best books I've read in my 17th year of life!

The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
"Better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie" 

"There is only one sin, and that is theft... when you lie, you steal someone's right to the truth"

"It may be unfair, but what happens in a few days, sometimes even a single day, can change the course of a whole lifetime"

Bridget Jones's Diary - Helen Fielding
"It is a truth universally acknowledged that when one part of your life starts going okay, another falls spectacularly to pieces"

"It is proved by surveys that happiness does not come from love, wealth, or power but the pursuit of attainable goals"

Marley & Me - John Grogan
"Marley taught me about living each day with unbridled exuberance and joy, about seizing the moment and following your heart. He taught me to appreciate the simple things - a walk in the woods, a fresh snowfall, a nap in a shaft of winter sunlight. And as he grew old and achy, he taught me about optimism in the face of adversity. Mostly, he taught me about friendship and selflessness and, above all else, unwavering loyalty"

The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul - Deborah Rodriguez
"Women are like tea bags; you never know how strong they are until they're put in hot water. - ELEANOR ROOSEVELT"

The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
"I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you."

Divergent - Veronica Roth
"Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it"

"Then I realize what it is. It's him. Something about him makes me feel like I am about to fall. Or turn to liquid. Or burst into flames."

The School for Good & Evil - Soman Chainani
"Beauty can only fight the truth for so long..."

"Only once you destroy who you think you are can you embrace who you truly are"

"Every time you do a good deed with true intention, your soul grows purer"

Insurgent - Veronica Roth
"Cruelty does not make a person dishonest, the same way bravery does not make a person kind"

"We both have war inside us. Sometimes it keeps us alive. Sometimes it threatens to destroy us"

Sister - Rosamund Lupton
"Usually time alters and affects everything, but when someone you love dies time cannot change that, no amount of time will ever change that, so time stops having any meaning"

"You knew me so much better than I'd realized - and still loved me"

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry - Rachel Joyce
"If we don't go mad once in a while, there's no hope"

"It was not a life, if lived without love"

Harry Potter (Books 1 & 2!) - J.K. Rowling
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities"

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live"

Landline - Rainbow Rowell
"I love you more than I hate everything else"

"Nobody's lives just fit together. Fitting together is something you work at. It's something you make happen - because you love each other"

"I think I can live without you but it won't be any kind of life"

No comments:

Post a Comment