Monday, 1 December 2014

December/Christmas Reading List

The month of December was an absolutely shocking reading month for me. I only managed to complete one book in the entire, mainly because I spent so long being determined to finish "The Catcher in the Rye" when I just didn't have the motivation for it. I said on my Goodreads that I will definitely return to it in the future because I don't like the thought of starting a book and never finishing it, but I just had to move on from it for a while and find something else to read. I did manage to get through "Eleanor & Park" by Rainbow Rowell though, which I absolutely adored and gave 5 stars to.

This month I'm going to be trying to get through four books. I'm not sure how realistic that's going to be, seeing as I'm a busy bee most of the time, but I'll give it a shot!

"The Snow Child" by Eowyn Ivey
My sister recommended this book to me ages ago, and I decided that I wanted to wait until nearer Christmas before I read it because I feel like it might just get me in the Christmas spirit. Who knows? I don't really know much about it at the moment, but it gets a pretty good average rating of 3.92 on Goodreads so I can't complain about that!








"Girl Online" by Zoe Sugg
I got this book for my birthday and I'm absolutely desperate to read it. It's written by YouTube's Zoe Sugg and I'm so excited to see whether it's any good. I had a quick flick through just recently and it looks like it's going to be right up my street!







"Fangirl" by Rainbow Rowell
Another book that I received for my birthday, and another book that I'm absolutely ecstatic about! Given how much I enjoyed "Eleanor & Park" this month, and "Landline" a couple of months ago, it seems only right that I'll enjoy this one too! It gets an exceptionally high rating of 4.20 on Goodreads as well which make it seem even more worth reading to me!







"The Witches" by Roald Dahl
Roald Dahl is a brilliant author, so I wanted to read this and see if I appreciate his work now as much as I did as a child. You never know, I might even like it more.








That's what I'm reading this month! Let me know in the comments below what you're planning to read in this Christmas period!


No comments:

Post a Comment