Monday, 15 December 2014

Films That I'm Excited About This Christmas

I'm not a massive lover of films throughout the year, but every Christmas, my parents buy a copy of the Radio Times and I end up circling/highlighting every single film that I want to watch. Undoubtedly I won't actually end up watching many of them, but there's something very festive about grabbing a pen and having a nice evening of circling. Here's a little breakdown of all the films I have circled from the 20th December until Christmas Day!

On Saturday 20th, there's three really great films that I have circled. The first is Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium (3.50-5.35pm ITV1). I've never seen the film but I'm pretty sure it's shown every single Christmas. The film is about an enchanted toy store, starring Dustin Hoffman and Natalie Portman. I feel like there's a dark undertone to this film, although I've not seen it yet. Definitely want to give it a shot at some point though!
On the same day, Nativity! (4.45-6.30pm BBC2) is also on. I have recently watched this as I bought it on DVD, so there's no need for me to get watching on the 20th, but if you've not seen it then I'd highly recommend it to you. It's so festive and I absolutely love it. It's based around the idea of competition between different schools over the annual school nativity play, and it's absolutely hilarious!
Finally, of course I had to put Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (7.00-10.00pm ITV1) on the list. It's not exactly festive intentionally, but it gets me in the Christmas spirit because they're on around Christmas time every year.

The 21st is only holding a couple of little films that I'm interested in. The first is The Polar Express (5.00-7.00pm ITV2) which is one of those films that got shown every year at school around Christmas time. It's about a young boy who boards a train on Christmas Eve which heads to the North Pole. It's a super beautiful film and makes me smile every time I watch it. Highly recommended!
The other film that I picked on the 21st was Edward Scissorhands (8.00-10.05pm E4) which is another that I've not seen but would love to watch, if only because it's directed by Tim Burton and stars Johnny Depp.

The only film interesting me on the 22nd is Dirty Dancing (10.00-11.55pm Channel 5) which I've never watched but would love to see. It's such a classic film that everyone seems to have watched. I think I should probably get on and watch it at some stage!

Tuesday 23rd has Chicken Run (1.45-3.05pm BBC1) which I've seen a few times and I absolutely adore. I'm pretty sure the first time I watched it was around Christmas, which is why it's so festive in my opinion. It's a great little film that I love.

Wednesday 24th includes three films that I like the look of. The first is WALL-E (11.00am-12.30pm BBC1) which, again, I've never seen. I love the look of it, and I've wanted to see it since it came out but I've never really bothered looking into it properly. It looks like Christmas Eve might well be the perfect time for me to watch!
The next film that I'm excited for is The Grinch (2.45-4.50pm Channel 4) which is a film that is shown every Christmas, and always gets me in the spirit of things. When I was younger it used to really scare me but now I just find it amusing. What better way to celebrate Christmas than with a miserable little green monster that's trying to steal Christmas?
The final film on Christmas Eve that I'd like to watch is It's A Wonderful Life (4.10-6.50pm More4) which I was only discussing a few days ago with a couple of friends. It's a super old film and I've never watched it, so I really want to try and watch it this year if I get the time.

Christmas Day is actually pretty disappointing when it comes to films, although that's probably a good thing because there's lots of great TV on. Back to the Future (10.55am-1.10pm ITV1) is on on Christmas morning though, so I'd like to watch that if I get the chance.
The other film that looks interesting is White Christmas (6.15-8.45pm More4) which is an old musical that I've not seen yet. It looks like a good one, so I'll be tuning into that if I can! 


Let me know in the comments what films you're going to be watching this holiday season!

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment