Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Happy New Year!


Today is New Year's Eve, and it's the day that most people spend reflecting on the year gone by and making resolutions which ultimately they will not keep because they'll be forgotten about after a month or so. Nonetheless, I'm going to join the trend.

2014 has definitely been a bit of a roller coaster of emotions. There was a lot going on at home, what with mum being in and out of hospital for the first section of the year, and there was also a lot going on at school. Coursework deadlines, summer exams, results day and then returning for my final year. It's definitely gone quickly, and it's definitely not been a boring year.

Here's a little breakdown of my achievements in 2014 (not in order):

  • Took the plunge and started driving lessons (something pretty terrifying that I'm super glad I completed)
  • Completed all of my exams and coursework on time!
  • Finished Year 12 with 2 As and 2 Bs
  • Passed my driving theory test
  • Passed my practical driving test
  • Changed my blog URL
  • Hit 100 followers on Bloglovin'
  • Reached 50 subscribers on my YouTube channel
  • Worked on my project 'The Little Black Book'
  • Forced myself to take a bus journey (and managed to do it several times)
  • Spent a significant length of time in London
  • Learnt how to knit
  • Read 39 books
  • Told the school that I don't want to attend university
  • Spent time with friends and family, and made so many fantastic memories 


Next year's plan:
  • Get an apprenticeship
  • Finish school with a minimum of 3 Bs
  • Get a car
  • Hit 150 followers on Bloglovin'
  • Spend as much time working on my blog as possible
  • Visit Peter in London at least twice before he leaves university
  • Advance my guitar playing skill
  • Complete an entry in my journal every single day of the year
  • Read 40 books


I hope 2015 is a super positive time for you all, and that you thoroughly enjoy it! 

I love you all dearly, happy New Year!


2 comments: