Tuesday, 23 December 2014

My Favourite Thing About London

If you know me well, and have discussed London with me before, you'll know that I'm not really the biggest fan of the city at all.
There's so many things that really put me off London. I don't like public transport. The tube and buses both make me feel exceptionally uncomfortable. I'm not a people person and I get exceptionally anxious, particularly on buses.
I'm not a massive fan of the amount of crowds either, and I don't like the noise or the general hustle and bustle that comes with a big city environment.
London is a very scary place.

Thus far, you're probably thinking "why, if you dislike London so much, is the title of this post so positive?" Well here is why.

On Sunday, I headed up to London for the day with Amy.
We got up there super early in order to avoid the crowds and so that we got to spend as much time there as possible.
After approximately two hours of travelling (train, tube, walking, etc.) we arrived at my lovely boyfriend's flat in Putney Bridge to visit him and his flatmate, Sandy.

At this point, the moment of realisation might be kicking in. "Ohhhhh, Beverley, you like London because it's where Peter lives!"
Well in essence, yes.

The thing that made me fall in love with London this weekend was the company.
London used to be somewhere quite negative for me, but since Sunday I've considered it in a more positive light. A day spent with Amy, Peter and Sandy in somewhere that I dread going to, proved to me that London isn't all bad. I can't quite see myself opting to jump on the tube alone every day, and I definitely can't imagine walking into a very tourist-heavy area without someone else their (just in case), but I can see that London is full of opportunity, fun and is somewhere that I shouldn't fear. 

The point is, I had the most fantastic day and it's something that I'm definitely going to keep with me for a long time.
I genuinely felt happy and festive and just full of joy.


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend! <3

    http://www.skinnybelle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can completely relate to this post and it's nice to see someone else who feels the same! I used to hate going to London until recently I went up on my own for the first time and had to go over to Canary Wharf, which was honestly awe-inspiring and I just loved it so much! I'm actually excited to go back, whenever that may be, rather than dreading it as I would be normally!
    Megan x meguana.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fortunate that I've started to see the positives of London because I'm spending a week or so up there over new year :)
      Glad I'm not the only one! Xx

      Delete
  3. Love this :') glad I could be a part of helping you to like London! I, myself, have changed a little too since our adventurous trip. It made me realise how being independent isn't as scary as it first seems. It's opened my eyes to actually considering uni after my foundation degree in somewhere as far away as Birmingham! Love you lots Beverley ♥

    Thathypermobilegirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete