Wednesday, 18 February 2015

Shopping with the girls

If you're a follower of my Instagram/Twitter, then you may already know that on Monday I headed to Bluewater with the girls (Amy, Chelsea, Daisy and Hannah).


We're currently in the throws of doing a lot of preparation for a party that is coming along pretty quickly, and therefore we decided to go and have a browse of the shops for any dresses/shoes/jewellery that would fit the theme.

After traipsing in and out of way too many shops, I came to the conclusion that what I'd intended on getting we were just not going to find, so I sort of gave up. I did invest in a rather dashing little hat that I picked up from H&M. It's beautiful, I love it.

The day, on the whole, was incredible. It's been a while since myself and the girls have done anything properly as a group, without anyone else, and it was really nice to have the opportunity to do it with them on this occasion.

As you may know, I'm not going to university, but all four of them are, to some extent, and it's highly likely that most of them are going to be moving away. I've been feeling pretty down about that recently. I'm not particularly keen on change at the best of times, and losing the people that I absolutely adore is definitely going to be tricky.

It was definitely worth spending a bit of quality time with them. It's been a while since I've been on a big shopping spree like that, and I'm so glad we did it.

Making memories is super important throughout life, and Monday 16th February 2015 is definitely going to be a day that I keep with me for a really long time. I'll probably even slip a page about it into my scrapbook at some point.

As a group, we've concluded that it's probably a good idea to try and get together more often so I'm thinking a few rounds of golf and maybe a girls mini-break might be on the cards in the not so distant future. Who knows?


No comments:

Post a Comment