Monday, 20 April 2015

Schoolwork Organisation


Exam season is fast approaching, and I've been working super hard over the past couple of weeks to try and get as much revision and school work completed before the new term starts. I've found a couple of really effective days of doing this, and I thought I'd share those with you today!

01. Write a list of every single thing that you need to do. I separated my list into subjects, of which I study three. In each section I jotted down all the things that I need to do, from really straightforward things like writing titles in photography pad, to more in depth things like writing essays and writing up photography shoots.

02. Be realistic. I had over forty things on my list to start with, that I wanted to have completed by the end of the holidays. It would have been possible if I'd have had the motivation to do them, and not done a single other thing for the entire two weeks. I highlighted all of the more important things that needed doing and decided to start with those first, then moved on to the other little bits and bobs when I had time.

03. Consider the deadlines. I've got some things that are due in today, some things that are due in tomorrow, and some things that I've got until the end of the week to complete. I worked super hard to make sure that all of the urgent things were done as early as possible during my school holidays, so that I could be definitely sure I wouldn't miss any deadlines.

04. Take time for yourself. This is one that I've thoroughly enjoyed doing over this couple of weeks. It's the school holiday after all, and if you don't make time for yourself then you haven't fulfilled the purpose of the holidays. I made sure that there were a couple of days that I did absolutely no work at all, and then spread the work load over the days rather than doing everything all at once. It was effective as it kept me focused on the end goal, rather than flitting from one activity to another very briskly.

And there are four ways I've managed to keep myself going over the last couple of weeks. I can't believe that the school holidays are over and I'm back to school today. The thought is terrifying, particularly as school finishes entirely for me in just over a months time!

Let me know in the comments what tips you have to keep organised over the busy exam season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment