Saturday, 11 April 2015

Things To Look Forward To...

It's been a while since I sat down and wrote a really chatty post, and as I've got a bit of spare time, I thought I might as well write you one now.

Firstly, I've missed blogging so much it's ridiculous. You'll have noticed that over the past few months there's been a major lack of posts on occasions. In honesty, this year so far has been tough for me, which I've hinted at several times. I never wanted my content to suffer and I never wanted to give you 'half-hearted' posts and therefore I decided I'd rather not write anything than write something I wasn't entirely happy with. Of course I've been writing the usual book reviews and weekly updates, but everything else has kind of been thrown out the window and for that I'm exceptionally sorry.
I've recently found out that there's kind of an explanation for all of this, and I'm working out a way to deal with everything at the moment, so thank you for sticking by me and being the lovely lot that you are. I'll discuss my reasons with you in due course, but for now I'll keep it to myself while I process it all.

For me, this year is absolutely flying by too quickly. You'll probably all be aware of the fact that this is my final year of sixth form and then I'm heading off into the big wide world. I made a video last year about the amount of pressure I was feeling, particularly to go to university, and that pressure has now, of course, subsided. In it's place is the pressure that I've been placing on myself to succeed in every aspect of my life. I want to do well for myself, I really do. I want to prove to myself that I can achieve something. I'm probably not going to change the world, but I'd really like to change the world for someone. I want to be a motivator, a role model and someone that people feel is supportive and encouraging and a positive influence. I've spent years aiming to be the best version of myself that I can be, and in some cases that's not exactly worked out how I'd have liked, but I'm so determined now to not let my standards slip.

I thought I'd share a few little bits and bobs that I've got coming up soon that I'm looking forward to, for one reason or another:
01. The last week of my school year - it's definitely going to be an emotional rollercoaster, but I'm also suspecting that it'll be the creation of lots of beautiful memories that I can look back on. Each day of the final week, my year group are dressing up in different outfits which I'm so excited about. There's a different theme each day, and myself and the girls are heading out shopping next week to pick up some costumes and props.
02. The end of exams - this is probably the most obvious thing to be looking forward to. Although I'll be kind of sad to see school finishing entirely, I'm excited for the prospect of not having to worry about coursework and exams. The stress has been ridiculous and at times unbearable. I cannot wait for the moment when I put my pen down after my last exam and never have to take another one again.
03. Getting back into blogging - as soon as my exams are over, I'll be jumping straight back on the blogging bandwagon. I'm so excited to see you all again more regularly. I've said in the past that blogging is absolutely what I adore and I really want to continue with it regardless of what happens in my life. I love it so much and I've really missed it.
04. The chance for a mini holiday - myself and the girls are discussing the possibility of going on a little girls holiday as a sort of farewell. We're all heading off onto different paths although it turns out that 3/5 are definitely staying quite close to each other, and I'll not be far away. However, as lives move on, one of the sad facts of life is that people change and develop, and there's a dead certainty that the five of us will rarely all be in the same place at the same time again after this summer. Not for a little while at least. With all that in mind, I'm very much looking forward to potentially going away for a few days.
05. Lots more time in London - you're probably all aware of my dislike for London in some aspects. It's so big and busy, but over the past few months it's become somewhere super beautiful and exciting in some ways, and I'm excited to head back to hang out with all the people I love and hopefully get some lovely summery photographs (which I shall share on here!)
06. The big wide world - I'm not exactly sure what this entails at the moment, but I know I can't wait to find out.

I'll be back soon with more normal posts!
I hope you're all having a beautiful weekend.
See you soon!


1 comment: