Monday, 29 June 2015

Ten Happy Things

It's been a little while since I last posted, even though I said that I'd be back properly soon. The past couple of weeks have been so busy and I've had absolutely no time to sit down and write a post, which has led me to missing a couple of weeks of this Ten Happy Things posts.
I thought that today I'd write a little catch up of that considering I've missed so much of it, so without further ado, here are the things that have made me happy in the last two weeks.

01. Completely finishing all of my exams. My final exam was on the 17th June and it was actually a really good exam that I'm feeling quite okay about. Here's hoping that my exam results are what I want them to be.

02. I got an apprenticeship! I'm going into PR and I'm so excited. I had intended on writing about it a lot sooner but never got round to it. I start working on the 20th July, so my summer holidays is quite short in comparison to everyone else's, but I'm really looking forward to starting what I'm hoping will be a long and enjoyable career.

03. Due to the fact that I have now got myself a job, I headed out to get myself a car in order to get there everyday. It's a Vauxhall Corsa and I'm totally in love with it. I hadn't driven since I passed my test so started off a little bit nervous but I'm really picking it up now and I'm so glad to have a bit of freedom.

04. Heading out to celebrate Chelsea's 18th birthday. We went out for a picnic during the day, and then headed out to a local pub for cocktails and laughter in the evening. It was good to see some of my great friends who I've not seen in ages and spend time with them, particularly as most of us had finished our exams so could totally relax.

05. On Tom's birthday, myself, Ali and Amy headed to Chimichanga to surprise him. He was definitely surprised and I think he had a really nice evening. I definitely did. The food was fabulous, as was the company.

06. In the next couple of weeks I'm moving into a new bedroom in my house so myself and my dad have been repainting it and moving furniture around in order to get it the way I want it. It's really coming along now and can't wait to move in there!

07. Yesterday, I went to Ali's house for a BBQ sort of celebration. It was absolutely brilliant to relax and play a few games together and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing some people that I'd not seen in years.

08. I've seen a lot of Peter in the last couple of weeks which has been nice, and he's managed to get himself a very exciting job which coincidentally starts on the same day as mine. Super proud and very excited for him.

09. Had a visit from my sister and her boyfriend who I hadn't seen in a while. They came down for Father's Day to see Dad, so it was nice to have a little catch up with them.

10. Feeling ready to move on to the next chapter in my life. What with all the anxiety that has come with not going to university and leaving school, I'm so relieved to finally know exactly what it is that I'm going to be doing for the next 15 months. It's amazing to me how quickly things can turn around and I'm so grateful to all the people who have been supportive of me in the last month or so. I have the best friends and family around me and I couldn't ask for anything more.  


2 comments:

  1. Love this post so much Beverley!! It's so nice to just sit down, reflect, and note down the things that have made us smile. It makes everything seem so much more positive and motivates us to keep going. Well done on completing your exams and good luck for results day!! I'm sure your hard work has payed off!

    Hope you're having a great day!!

    -Nabeela x
    http://nabsticle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment Nabeela!
      I've just started my apprenticeship so I've been exceptionally busy recently. Apologies for not getting back to you sooner!
      I hope you're having a lovely day and I'll be checking your blog out right now!
      xx

      Delete